Thursday, June 29, 2006

a few more lavender photos

The weather is not cooperating with me. When I have to be somewhere other than my yard, the skys are blue and sunny. but when I'm home for yardwork, we get another rainy patch.
Here are a few more lavender photos, a 'Provence' and my 'Jean Davis.' In case you don't know, you can click on the photo and get a better size for your viewing. At least on my 'puter I do.
I already harvested the nicest stems from these plants, and as you can see, the 'Provence' has passed picking stage. Lavender should be picked before the flowers open... I wait to see a few lower flowers open, and get picking then.
All that is left on the 'Jean Davis' are the smaller flower heads, so I'll just leave both of these plants alone, to be "landscape" features, with an occasional raid for culinary purposes or little bouquets.



No comments: